Tuesday, July 20, 2010

r u a 'poet' / 'writer'?


hi yall
im a ‘poet’/‘writer’
if u couldn’t already tell
by my intense personal brand
i was just chillin on the beach
listenin to anco + authentic sea sounds
throwin down some prose
in my moleskine
smokin some dank
admiring my fixie
chilling down with some chill waves
chill

some lady asked 2 take my picture
4 the cover of some supposedly ‘progressive’ underground mag
abt ‘art’
i was sorta disappointed it wasn’t p4k
but whatevs
we all need some1
2 look up 2
& i’ll represent for the writers
the poets
& fat ugly grl and lonely ugly ghey
undergraduate creative writing majors

sorta confused why
a mag abt writing
didn’t just have words on the cover
but I guess writing and art
rn’t really about writing and art
n e more, n e ways
this is the ‘age of the image/personal brand/facebook pic’
& the only things that still sell
r dank
apple products
& JPEG memes

now some of my fav blogs
like ‘looks @ these effing hipstrz’ & ‘the hpstr runs offs’
r making fun of me
like its my fault
some old ass marketing executives
wanted to ‘make a quick buck’
by tapping into the youth scene’s
quirky/shallow fashion aesthetic
rlly all I wanted to do
was chill at the beach
dig my bare feet into the sand
and vibe down
with mother earth

oh well
just gonna keep on writin
might get another tat/piercing
l8r 2nite
chill w/my bros @ Union Pool/the Knitting Factory/
some other chill
wllmsbrg scene
bust out some meaningful words
gonna share my story
hope u like it
& stick around l8r
to buy me some PBR
and ask abt which thrift store
i got my pants from

chill, yall
-the poets & writers bro

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
do u ‘write’?
do u ride a ‘fixie’?
whats ur fav thing 2 do @ the beach?
do people even ‘read’ magazines n e more?
do ppl even publish/write magazines/books n e more?
Do ppl even ‘read’ n e more?
Is ‘writing’/ ‘reading’ only for ‘fat grls’ and ‘effing fggts’?
What’s the distinction between a ‘poet’ & a ‘writer’?
Do poets get more tug jobs than writers, or vise versa?
Is this guy a better writer than ‘Twilight’?

No comments:

Post a Comment